Linksys is an American company which is providing networking hardware products like wired and wireless routers, Ethernet switches, VOIP equipment etc. mainly to home users and small businesses. Linksys Router is one of the best products manufactured by the Linksys that broadcast high speed wireless network. It has multimedia streaming features, you can surf the internet, play online games, stream music or movies simultaneously without buffering.
In order to change the settings of Linksys Router, you need to log into your router’s software or web based setup page. After that you can make changes like change the name and password of wireless network, create a guest network, firmware updates or change a variety of other options.
A Linksys router’s user generally asks that how to ‘sign in to my linksys router’ to customize these settings. In this article, we will discuss about the Linksys router login process. Before you proceed, let’s have a look on features of Linksys Router.
Features of Linksys Router:
- Simultaneous Dual Band: It offers simultaneous dual bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz for higher speed.
- Beam Forming Technology: Beam Forming Technology is another feature of the Linksys router which focuses wireless signals at a receiving device rather than simply sending out Wi-Fi signal in a usual direction. It reduces interference by focusing Wi-Fi signal directly to your smart phone, laptop, tablet etc.
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi: With the help of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi website or mobile app you can simply monitor and manage your home network from any place by using a smart phone or tablet.
- Detachable antennas for reliable coverage: The Linksys router has four adjustable antennas which are used to provide strong and better coverage of wireless network throughout your home. The technology used in these antennas help your connected devices to achieve better performance.
- USB 3.0 Port: You can share or stream huge files across your network at high speed by connecting a flash drive to the USB 3.0 port.
- Gigabit Ethernet Port: You can connect a game player, smart TV to the AC1900’s gigabit Ethernet port. It transfers data 10 times faster than fast Ethernet and ensures high speed connectivity for wired devices.
How to login to the Linksys Router?
Generally Linksys owners have their Google search bar filled with the search of ‘sign in to my linksys router ‘. To access the Linksys Router, you need to be connected first to your home network either wired or wirelessly and follow the steps mentioned below:
Step1: First of all connect your modem’s LAN port to the port of your Linksys router by using an Ethernet cable.
Step2: After that, connect the Linksys router to your PC by using an Ethernet cable.
Step3: After setting up a wired or wireless connection, launch the web browser (Internet explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) on your PC.
Step4: Enter default IP address192.168.1.1orweb address www.linksyssmartwifi.comon the address bar of your browser to login. The login page of the Linksys router automatically launches.
Step5: On the login page, enter your user name and password that you have set otherwise enter the admin user name and password. Click ‘Login’.
Note: You can reset the router to its default factory settings if you have forgotten your user name and password. You can do this by pressing the reset button which is located on the back side of the router. Release the reset button after 10 seconds and the process is finished.
Step6: After entering the correct username and password, you can access the Linksys web interface. Linksys sign in Process is successfully completed. Now you can access your router and the advanced settings of Linksys router.
This helped me out when I wanted to know how to sign in to my linksys router. For further assistance, you can contact our technical experts on our toll free number. You can also share your suggestions or feedback with us.