Linksys router firmware update is rolled out quite frequently to its very capable range of wireless routers. This process is needed to be visited quite a number of times after the Linksys router setup has been completed. To know how to complete Linksys router, click here. Since it is rolled out every so often, people ask why Linksys does it. Well the simple answer is because after you have gained access to the internet after Linksys router login process is complete; there are a lot of issues that may rise up. These issues include and are not limited to:
- Virus threats: Viruses loom at every corner on the internet. Some infected files or software and applications which lay dormant may just latch itself to the data packets you receive and infect your network. An updated firmware will protect by prohibiting any malicious file or software by being informed about how the latest viruses are behaving and enforcing the protection mechanisms on the network.
- Security threat via one or a group of hackers: Hackers have been gaining access to and stealing data from a number of organizations and homes of the planet. After a Linksys router firmware update is complete, the Linksys devices quickly close any backdoor that hackers are using to gain Linksys router login information currently as constant testing is done by the researchers at Linksys lab.
- Faster data transfer: With constant testing, researchers and testers also come up with new ways to let the data traverse across the network faster and make UI even better. You can achieve all of that due to the updated Linksys firmware.
The Update process
The Linksys router firmware update process in itself isn’t a really tough challenge. All you need to do is have access to a couple of things. One of these is the Linksys router login default credentials to gain access to the web based router setup page. To know how to login to Linksys router’s admin page, Click here. You must remember it being changed while completing the Linksys router setup the first time. Apart from that, you may also need an Ethernet cable to connect the Linksys router and a PC with which you will complete the Firmware update.
With all that set, let’s look at the setup steps:
- Step 1: The first thing you need to do after gaining access to device’s admin panel is to check the Firmware version. You can spot it on the top right panel of your routers admin page.
- Step 2: Head over to the Linksys official website to find the ‘Downloads’ tab.
- Step 3: Enter the tab and feed in your device’s model number.
- Step 4: The page will now show you the latest firmware version number. If it a newer version, download it.
- Step 5: Now we need to again complete the Linksys Login process; it is essential to complete the Linksys router firmware update.
- Step 6: Go to Administration tab on the admin access page and search for Firmware Update option.
- Step 7: An empty field and a browse button next to it will ask you to upload the latest firmware file.
- Step 8: Once you have selected the Firmware update file that is present on your PC, click on the Start Upgrade button.
- Step 9: During this time you should not in any way shut down or disconnect the router from the PC. If you do, you can corrupt the Firmware causing the router to malfunction. To know how to get out of this situation, click here.
- Step 10: Once the update is complete it will give you a dialogue box that says the same. Reboot the router once to ensure proper enforcement of update.
Thus with these simple steps you can complete the Linksys router firmware update and enjoy the latest security and management features rolled out by the Linksys corporation. This process works for all the major router like the Linksys WRT1900AC, Linksys EA6350 smart-wifi router, Linksys EA6300, Linksys EA2750, Linksys EA8500, Linksys EA4500, Linksys EA 6500 and many more. To know more about the installation or firmware update processes, call us on our toll free number.