WHAT IS GUEST ACCESS?
The guest access is a feature of Linksys wireless router that allows you to create a separate network for your guests without allowing them to access your main network and devices connected to it. Any wireless device like Smartphones, tablets, computers etc. you allow can connect to the guest network to be able to access an Internet connection. Linksys smart wireless routers have the guest access feature which you can manage through router’s web-based interface or Linksys connect software. Linksys connect software is not available with all Linksys wireless routers. Now, we will understand Linksys guest wifi setup.
LINKSYS GUEST WIFI SETUP
For Linksys guest wifi setup, we will recommend you to install Linksys connect software on your computer. Follow the below-given instructions carefully for Linksys guest wifi setup:
- Open Linksys connect software on your computer and select Guest Access option on the main screen of Linksys connect.
- Now, you will see the Guest access settings window. To enable the guest access feature, click Yes under Allow guest access.
- The Guest network name is the name of your Linksys wireless router SSID with “guest” as a suffix. If you want to change the guest network name, first you will need to change the SSID of your Linksys wireless router.
- Later if you want to disable the guest access feature, navigate to Linksys guest wifi setup again and click No under Allow guest access.
Now your Linksys guest wifi setup is successfully complete. You can use this feature to prevent your wireless network from any miss-use.
LINKSYS GUEST WIFI PASSWORD CHANGE
You can also change the password for Linksys guest wireless network. Navigate to Linksys guest wifi setup and under Guest access settings. The guest wireless network password is located under the Password section of Guest access settings window. Follow the below-given instructions to change your password:
- Click Change in the Guest access settings window.
- Enter your preferred password and then click Change to save it.
NOTE: Your password must be 4-32 alphanumeric characters only.
Changing the number of guests allowed
You can change the number of guests allowed for the guest wifi network. For example, if you have selected 6, it means you have allowed 6 guest users to access your guest wifi network. Select the number of allowed guests from the drop-down menu and click Finish once you have saved the settings.
How to connect a computer to the Guest network?
You can connect your wireless computer to the guest network by following the steps given below:
- Look for the wireless icon at the end of the system tray.
- Select your guest wireless network and click Connect.
- Now, you will be directed to Guest access login page. Enter the guest login password and you will be connected to your guest wireless network.
If your Guest access login page doesn’t appear, try to open it with any other latest web browser.