The wireless router contains a variety of useful features that you can configure but these features are practically hidden. You would not be able to configure these features unless you have access to the configuration page of your router and thus this raises the question “How do I access router on my computer?”.
A wireless router has a built-in web-based setup page that stores the settings for your home Wi-Fi network. So if you want to configure a router and modify the router’s settings, you have to access your router’s software or web interface if you want to know ‘how to access my internet router’.
How do I access Router on my computer?
Let’s discuss how to find your router’s web interface online. In order to access a router and seek answers to the question “How do I access router on my computer?”, you may need to know a few important things mentioned below:
- To access a router, you need a computer that is connected to your router either wired or wirelessly.
- You would know the IP address of the router.
- You would also need your router’s username and password.
- Connect your Router to the computer:
You can connect your router to the computer by two methods:
- In wired method, you need an Ethernet cable to connect your PC’s Ethernet port to the router’s Ethernet port.
- In wireless method, you can connect your PC to the router wirelessly by using the default SSID and Wireless Password printed on the product label of the router.
- Find the Router’s IP Address:
You need to find the local IP Address of your router since it is used to access the router’s web-based setup page. If you are not sure what your router’s default IP address is, then follow the steps to find an IP address:
- Open the Start menu on your computer’s screen and click ‘Settings’.
- The ‘windows settings’ screen appears in front of you, click ‘Network & Internet’ option. It’s a globe-shaped icon on the ‘Settings’ page.
- Next, Click ‘View your Network Properties’ option.
- Note the number given (192.168.1.1) next to the ‘Default gateway’ heading. This is the router’s local IP address to access the router’s settings.
- Click ‘OK’.
- Access to your router by its web interface:
Once you have connected the computer to your router by using an Ethernet cable or wireless connection, you can access the router’s web page. Follow the steps to access the router’s web page:
- Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer or Chrome.
- Enter your router’s IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser.
- Next, enter admin login information to access the admin settings and click ‘Log In’ to continue. You can use your admin username and password if you have not set up your router’s username and password.
- Now, you would be able to access your router’s web-based setup page and change the settings.
- You can also change your wireless network’s name and assign a new username and password to your router for security purpose.
This will effectively answer the raised question “How do I access router on my computer?” and I will effectively able to access my internet router. For further assistance, you can contact our technical experts on our toll-free number. You can also share your suggestions and feedback with us.