In this blog, we will help you with “what should you do if you forgot Wi-Fi password?”
However, these days internet is used in our every need. And in case you have misplaced the Wi-Fi password you may be wondering for how do I find my Wi-Fi password?
Therefore, in the following blog, we will discuss some ways by which you can recover Wi-Fi password.
To find the Wi-Fi password on the computer, follow the steps given under:
- If in case you have connected your computer to the same Wi-Fi network in the past then it will be easy for you to find the Wi-Fi password.
- Press the window key on your keyboard and enter ‘view network connections’.
- Search for the connection which will be labeled as ‘Wi-Fi’ in the menu. Right click on it and select ‘status’.
- Now, click on ‘wireless properties’ button.
- A window will pop up showing ‘security’ tab then you need to tick the box next to ‘show characters’.
Here you can see the password of your Wi-Fi. Hence from the above steps, you can recover Wi-Fi password from your computer.
You can also use the router’s stock password to restore your Wi-Fi password. For this method follow the steps given below:
- Make sure that you used the password which came with the router. You will find the password in its documentation.
- You can also check at the sticker on the back on the router unit.
- You can also look for the password in your router’s manual guide or box.
For further detailed information, you can contact us at our toll-free number.
By using the router page also you can find the Wi-Fi password. Follow the instructions given below:
- Connect your computer to your router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- To connect to your router’s page you need to know the router’s IP address.
- Now open a web browser and enter your router’s IP address in the address field.
- You will need to log into the router.
- When you are logged in search for ‘wireless’ section.
- Under the ‘wireless’ page you will see your network name and the security details also.
If all the above methods do not work then you need to reset your router to its factory default settings.
- Hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- You will see the reset button on the back of your router.
- When the router will reset completely the lights will flash or turn off.
- Find your router’s default login details.
Network name- you will see your SSID in the Wi-Fi menu.
Password or key- your network’s default password.
When you will enter the password use the factory password that is written on the bottom of your router. Before connecting to the internet you will be asked to change the password.
Thus from the above-discussed methods you can resolve your problem of ‘what should you do if you forgot Wi-Fi password?’ and you can easily recover Wi-Fi password.If in case you found any problem you can call us on our toll-free number.