Linksys Router login
With the access to http://www.linksyssmartwifi.com, you will be able to access more than just the Linksys smart Wi-Fi setup process. Other benefits post Linksyssmartwifi.com includes manageability of Linksys smart Wi-Fi password, Linksys smart Wi-Fi setup wizard, access to the list of devices connected to the network, security settings, and several other features singular to Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers. You can easily access this page after Linksys router setup is complete. To complete the setup, read on.
Linksys smart Wi-Fi setup wizard
Step 1: Connect the power cable to the router and power it on. You will see it has turned on once the LED lights are solid.
Step 2: From the LAN port of the Modem, connect an Ethernet cable to the Internet or the WAN port of the router.
Step 3: If you wish to continue the process wirelessly, connect a wireless device using the SSID and password printed on the label connected behind the router. A wired connection can be established using the Ethernet cable connected to the LAN port of the router.
Step 4: Using a web browser, enter the URL http://www.linksyssmartwifi.com or use the IP address 192.168.1.1 which opens the Linksys smart Wi-Fi setup wizard.
Step 5: Post the login process; which you can do by entering the password ’admin’ and leaving the username blank, complete the several processes to set up the device effectively.
Step 6: First of these steps include the setting up of the type of internet that you are using. Let the Linksys router automatically detect it or enter it manually.
Step 7: Next you would be required to enter the SSID and Password of the available channels in the Linksys router.
Step 8: As an optional choice, you can also change the Linksys smart Wi-Fi password and the login username from default to whatever you choose. It is highly recommended.
Step 9: Set the security settings and choose between the WPA/WPA2 settings before reviewing and submitting the selected settings.
What are the Benefits of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi accounts?
- With a simple login to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account, you will be able to access and see the multiple devices and gadgets connected to your network. They will appear in a concise list and details like the MAC address and the IP address will be given along with it.
- You can effectively work and keep a check on all the devices and the guests connecting on the network. Alternatively, for the guests in the network, you can create a guest login page which can restrict access of the guest and keep them off the admin network solely giving you and the people with the admin password the Linksys smart Wi-Fi access
- Whenever you feel there are things going wrong with your Wi-Fi network, you can access the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page by signing into the http://www.linksyssmartwifi.com Here you can perform multiple checks using the troubleshooting tools at your disposal provided by the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page.
- There are times when you need to select and prioritize several devices in your network according to your preference; you can do the same by accessing the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi accounts. You will be able to select the bandwidth you need to provide each and every device separately.
- The access to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page will also let you select and enforce parental controls on your network which effectively restricts the data that is being accessed by the kids in your network. You can either block or allow any and all websites you think are appropriate for your children with a simple access to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page.
Thus, the above mentioned features are the benefits you receive by creating an account on the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.
How to create an account on the Linksys Cloud?
The few simple steps to create a Linksys Cloud account post the Linksys smart Wi-Fi setup are given below:
Step 1: After the Linksys Router Setup, access the http://linksyssmartwifi.com using the web browser to open the Linksys Cloud login page.
Step 2: Since you won’t have the access to the page hence we would need to complete the login and account creation process. To do this, click the create account button.
Step 3: Enter the required details like your Name, Email ID, password, and other details and fill in the form. Once the form is complete, click next to proceed.
Step 4: Check in the box to accept all the terms and conditions from the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi cloud.
Step 5: You will now be sent a confirmation email to create the said account. Once you confirm this email address, you will be able to access the Linksys account login page.
Step 6: After the login process s complete, have your Linksys smart Wi-Fi setup as the default device in the list of devices you own. You can add other devices as well.
How do I connect to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
If you have successfully created the account for the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi login, you can access the account from anywhere in the world to gain access and find out the details about your connected Linksys devices. To log in, simply head over to the http://linksyssmartwifi.com and enter the email address and the password you have used previously to create the account.
How to change the settings of the Router
To enter the Settings mode of the router, you would be required to follow the step mentioned below:
- First and foremost you must log in to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi login. Do this by logging in to the http://linksyssmartwifi.com
- The top left menu on the home page of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page will let you access to a number of settings that you might need to check.
- Network Map is one of the settings that allow you to check and see all the devices that have connected them to your Wireless network. This includes both the Guest and the main network market differently. Here you will be able to access all the information related to the devices.
- The setting known as the Guest Network setting will allow you to create and manage a network made especially for devices that access your network rarely. This option will restrict their access to the admin controls and admin page.
- The Parental control settings will allow the parents to better control the kids from accessing the internet by restricting accessing to a number of websites as per the requirement. They can effectively block or permit any website they deem fit to be browsed. They can also stop the kids from accessing the internet by enforcing time based internet access.
- The media priority option will allow the user to set the utilization of internet services different for different devices. This includes permitting and denying extra use of bandwidth to devices.
- The tool Speed Test will let you check and test the speed of the internet running on your device.
- The data available on the USB port can be accessed using the external storage option. It will also allow you to access and change the advanced network settings.
- The wireless setting allows you to change and set the SSIDs, passwords, security mode and all the settings related to your Wi-Fi network.
- With the presence of Troubleshooting option, you can effectively try to single out any issue that your wireless network might be facing. The troubleshooting and diagnostic tool will run these tools for you on the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi settings page
- Security of your device will be checked here and you can set up the parameters required to keep your network as secure as possible. You can tweak these settings to provide any extra security settings and changes.
- The last setting, the firewall settings deny and permits services that are essential in gaming and other applications.
Important and notable settings include:
As mentioned before, the network map option will let you monitor and see the number of devices and other details about them on the existing network. You can find the absolutely all the hardware related details about the devices connected to the router. These include and are not limited to the MAC address, IP address and other hardware information. Here you can limit the access to any device you wish to and permit or deny any of them the ability to access the internet.
The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi login will let the user control the data and the sites being accessed by the devices on the network. Thus after the Linksys router setup is complete, the parents can effectively choose and permit websites and web-pages that should be allowed or blocked on the network depending on the sensitivity of the data they have. Parents can effectively also choose when to allow the devices to access the internet providing a time-based user lock.